The Ministry of Education has invested in Early Years programming to make it easier for children and their families to access high quality early years programming. 100 new EarlyON Centres (formerly known as Ontario Early Years Centre’s, Family Resource Centres or Parenting and Family Literacy Centres) are being launched across the province over 3 years. The existing service providers for Early Years Support Programs will now all be called EarlyON Child and Family Centres and have a consistent branding.
This will provide increased early years programming in neighbourhoods that have been underserviced by providing support, advice, personal connections and a network of resources in addition to play and inquiry based programs for young children and their parents/caregivers. The new name is effective January 2018.
The EarlyON Child and Family Centre at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford offers supports and services for Early Childhood Educators, Professionals and Caregivers working with young children 0-6 years: These services include:
- Continuous Professional Learning Opportunities
- Brant Learn ECE – Online Learning
- Outreach Information
- RECE Qualifications Upgrade Program/Recruitment and Retention
- Tools and Information
Scroll down on this page to find the above services.
Continuous Professional Learning Opportunities
January to April (not posted) –
May to August (posted)
September to December (not posted)
Brant Learn ECE – Online learning
Free to eligible professionals. Click on Brant Learn logo or https://blece.desire2learn.com/ to get to the log in page (must first be registered as a user – see below).
Early Learning and Child Care Staff working in Brantford, The County of Brant and Six Nations within a Licensed Child Care Centre, Licensed Home Child Care or Family Resource Centre AND the site must be part of the City of Brantford Child Care Services System. Sorry, no exceptions at this time. Contact email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.
To register as a user for Brant Learn ECE send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your full name, including middle initial
- Your current work place and address
- Your supervisor’s name and phone number
- Your email address where you would like your user information and log in link sent
- View a list of some of the workshops that are being offered by clicking here.
- If you are experiencing any problems or notice any errors, please let us know so we can fix the issue. Call 519-759-3833 or email email@example.com .
Community Outreach and Events – The EarlyON Staff at 30 Bell Lane, Brantford and the Early Literacy Specialist are available to go into the community and facilitate workshops.
- Are you leading a parenting group/children’s program?
- Are there financial restrictions preventing you from gaining new skills?
- Is staff/volunteer time stretched to its limit?
- Are you faced with ongoing training demands?
Outreach services can bring customized Continuous Professional Learning Opportunities and Supports to your site! All outreach requests should be submitted two months prior to the date.
Once completed, print and fax to 519-759-0173 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
ECE Qualifications Upgrade Program
Education grants are available to cover tuition fees related to a recognized Early Childhood Education diploma. www.ecegrants.on.ca
Considering a Career as an Early Childhood Educator?
For more information on Early Childhood Educators visit:
- Association of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario (AECEO) http://www.aeceo.ca/
- College of Early Childhood Educators https://www.college-ece.ca/en
For information on post secondary education visit:
- Ontario Colleges http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/home
- Canadian Universities http://www.canadian-universities.net/
Child Development Screening Tool – The Nipissing District Developmental Screen (NDDS), is an innovative developmental screening tool available to healthcare or childcare professionals working with infants and children up to six years of age. Visit http://www.ndds.ca/
Website for Child Care Human Resources Sector Council – New Resource: Toolkit for the Early Childhood Education and Care Sector – includes great recruitment and retention strategies and much more. http://www.ccsc-cssge.ca/hr-resource-centre/hr-toolkit
Early Learning for Every Child Today (ELECT)
A Framework For Ontario Early Childhood Settings
How Does Learning Happen?
Ministry of Education – http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/childcare/